Welcome!

Wednesday, September 1, 2010

WE surived!

Yes, WE survived bc I'm pretty sure I was the only mommy in the hallway sobbing my eyes out after dropping off their kid to ONE DAY A WEEK mothers day out! Geesh...seriously, what is wrong with me?!

Aside from not eating her lunch or taking a nap (no big surprise on either of those) her teachers said she was great! When I went in to the classroom to pick her up it took her a good minute to even realize I was there because she was so entranced with all the new toys. I was expecting a much more theatrical "hi mommy" but I really didnt get that, I got more of a "oh yah....mommy I had sort of forgotten about you". Thats okay I'm just so glad we made it through the entire 5 hours without one phone call saying "your daughter is hysterical please come get her". So we will chalk this experience as a SUCCESS!

You may wonder what I did with my 5 hours of free time?? We walked out the doors to the school and my sister and I looked at each other and asked, "now what?" We were clueless. So after a quick trip to the grocery store we were off for a yummy lunch with my parents at Toulouse Cafe in Dallas where we toasted with champagne (and water...my sister is pregnant) to a lunch with no kids!!! Whoo hoo!!

Cant wait for next time, lets hope its just as successful!

Didnt get any pictures of her at the actual school due to being an overly emotional and attached mommy but her are some of her after wards. The name tag was hysterical to me...



No comments:

Post a Comment