Welcome!

Sunday, August 29, 2010

Its a school night!

Tonights the night -- its our first "school night" as parents. I just packed her lunch & snacks, rolled up a nap mat, put diapers & and clothes in a backpack, and labeled our sweet girls name on every article of everything we are sending to mothers day out tomorrow (her daddy just had to write her a note on her lunchbox...see pic below). The entire time I was doing my mommy chores I was thinking "seriously? why am I doing this? she's only 17 months!!!". Part of me wants to hold her so close and not allow her to grow up but the other part of me knows that this is the best thing I can do for her. I know that the social development, independence from mommy & familiarity, and being one of a "team" or group will be invaluable to her. Lets not get too carried away here, its only 1 day a week for 5 hours total....baby steps. MAYBE next year I'll let her go for 2 days a week....maybe. ;) I'll do my best to post the pictures of the hysterical mommy and the happy toddler after her first day of Mothers Day Out.




ps. the play room is coming along - the pool table is gone, the toys have moved in, and the sofa is purchased and being delivered tomorrow. Will post pics ASAP but for now I gotta go get some rest for our big day tomorrow!
Wish us luck and say a prayer that all goes well.

No comments:

Post a Comment