Welcome!

Sunday, August 22, 2010

17 months too late?

I feel like this blog is 17 months overdue or actually 26 months overdue (9 months of pregnancy + 17 months of Marys life). I've always followed blogs of others, some strangers, and thought to self that I should really be blogging the events of my life as a stay at home mom with a wild and crazy daughter, Mary. SO - here it goes.

A little background: I am 26 but look like I'm 12 - I have to prove my age literally every single day of my life either through an ID when I'm purchasing my saving grace, wine, or through random strangers asking "is that YOUR daughter" as they stare at me with their judgment...and I always reply "Yes, I'm 26, married for 4 yrs, graduated college, used to have a career, etc". I really just need a necklace w/ my age on it. See how my 1 sentence I say to strangers sums up my life? I am married to an incredible guy, he sells elevators....I know, I know...I hear that all the time...elevators?? Yes. He likes to say, "it has its ups and downs". He thinks he's hilarious. He is. He is also in grad school getting his MBA. I'm sure you will hear a lot about his MBA and the time commitments throughout this blog...stay tuned....to hear me gripe on nights that he's in class and I've had the toddler all day. We have an amazing daughter, Mary who is our pride and joy (what child isnt their parents pride and joy?). She is loud, independent, beautiful, crazy, and the sweetest baby ever. I love her to pieces. Does she nap consistently - no. Does she behave like an angel always - HECK no. Does she eat her veggies - never. Is she 17 months old and still drinking her milk from a bottle, attached to her pacifier & blanket (referred to as her "night night"), and screams if anyone tries to touch her aside from me or her daddy - ohhh yes.

I am a stay at home mom and have been since the day she was born. I used to work at a marketing company and hated it. I always knew I wanted to be a stay at home mom and I truly believe this is that path that God has paved for me. I am ever so grateful for my husband for who has never once second guessed, questioned, or suggested I do otherwise. There are some days that I wish I could go back to my little gray cubicle and sit in peace and quiet, take long lunches, and get showered and dressed each morning. Yes - getting showered and dressed is a big undertaking for me with Mary. I love being at home with Mary even if it means I have syrup in my hair before 8am, have poop up to my elbows (it has happened), and have days where all my "boss" does is scream at me and regardless of what I do. I love it. seriously.

Okay so I'll save the rest for the regular blogging but dont expect too much outta me. I'm setting my goals rather low for 1 update a week....if I do it more...it means Mary has been napping or I'm in a good mood. Brace yourself for the good times, bad times, beauty, and horror of being The Werking Mom!

No comments:

Post a Comment