Welcome!

Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Man cave to play room = we are officially parents.

Yesterday we (notice the "we" because it was a mutual decision) sold our pool table. We had the total game room - dart board, pool table, pub table & chairs, etc. This room was where we used to hang out on weekends with friends. Well -- times have changed. clearly. friends coming over to hang out is a distant memory (we dis-like this fact) and the pool table turned into a place where I throw my diaper bag, a high place to put things I dont want Mary to get, and most recently our dogs favorite place to take a nap. (we have an english bulldog...how she jumps up onto there we have yet to figure out but she has been caught multiple times sound asleep.)

The old man cave is now being re-vamped into a play room for Mary. She currently only has about 3 ft of play space in our living room which is in the same corner as our wet bar....this is very inconvenient for mommy and daddy when Mary has gone to bed b/c its a major tripping hazard to pour our cocktails! ;) I am so excited to give her a big and open space to play!

I am now shopping for a sofa for our new play room and I'm thinking I'll finally make my first, and i hate to even admit this out loud b/c of my previous hatred towards this place, purchase at IKEA. IKEA is the most insane place ever, I get serious anxiety walking into there. I feel like a hamster. BUT they have some great things for our play room. Here is what I'm thinking...


Big comfy couch along the back wall, a little table & chairs for her to sit at and color, then a place to put her toys in somewhat of an organized fashion. We will also put a "cartoon" tv in there and some lamps, rugs, throw pillows, fun artwork. I want this room to be Marys little retreat and play space, somewhere where she will bring all of her friends over and they can play without being in my living room! ;)
(oh and side note: the only items pictured above from IKEA is the sofa & table, the bookcase is from PBKids....I'm dreaming about getting that book case but I doubt that the hubby will go for it..its rather $$$ and I'm sure IKEA has a look alike for about $ that i've yet to find in the hamster maze).


So - thats my latest "project". Stay tuned for final pictures. I'm still waiting on the pool table to get on outta here... the movers come to take it its new home tomorrow at 7am!

No comments:

Post a Comment